Friday, July 08, 2005

Break the Golden Internet Idol

These past few days have been nothing short of torture for me, really.

I've had to restrain myself from killing my brother over small things like setting my fork in the wrong place, pouring me juice instead of water for dinner, all because of what?!

Because I'm having withdrawals from the Internet.

Seriously.

What else could explain these random mood-swings, angrily thrashing at my brother whenever he comes as close to say "Hi" to me?

And, it's not even close to 'that time of the month', not that you needed to know. ;-)

"It was an accident, I swear!" I kept telling my parents over and over again yesterday.

I was just sitting there, fiddling with the intricate and detailed settings of our Internet through my mothers computer, where one slip-up could cause severe devastation to the Golden Internet Idol (AKA the Router), when IT happened.

IT BROKE!!!

As I imagine my brother convulsing on the floor from not being able to be on the Internet at home, I am at work, savoring the fact that here, the Internet will NEVER go down.

However, I now count down the seconds into which I will be home and without Internet.

Last night I spent hours just staring at my computer blankly, wondering what people ever did without the Internet.

Breaking into a fit of rage, I re-install Windows XP Profession Edition on my computer.

"Yeah, that'll teach 'em!" I say over and over, rocking back and forth in my chair like a crazed person.

I think I need a hug.