Saturday, April 30, 2005

Prank Call Me

Apparently, everyone else is doing it, so join the club!

My phone number is...

HELL NO I'M NOT GIVING IT TO YOU SO DON'T EVEN E-MAIL ME YOU PSYCHO!

Just kidding. :-)

So, I got out of the shower the other day, right? Perfectly normal practice, but as I was sitting at my computer, the phone rang no less than four times.

Argh.

Ring, Ring. ;-)

"Hello?" I say the natural phrase.
"Yeah hi, is Bob there?" A woman's voice says on the other line.
"Who?"
"You know, Bob?"
"I'm sorry, you must have the wrong number,” I say, getting ready to hang up.
"No, this is the right number,” The woman says persistently.
"But, there isn't a Bob here..." I say, feeling like I just woke up. My brain was sluggish that day.
"Can you help me find him?"
"What?!"
"I just...I need to find Bob,” The girl says, and suddenly I hear some muffled sound and laughter.
"Who the hell ARE you?!" I say angrily, checking my E-Mail at the same time (I'm multi-tasking because I'm getting bored with the stupid phone calls).

Click.

About 3 seconds later...

Ring...Ring...

"Hello?" I say, a little irritated.
"Yeah, is this Pizza Hut?" The same girl says. I can distinguish her voice now.
"Yeah, can I take your order?" I improvise, indifferent.

Silence.

"Ma'am, are you wanting to order or not?" I say, pretending to sound highly irritated.
"Uhm, sure..." The girl says, trying to decide if I'm screwing with her or not.
"You want hand-tossed or thin-crust?" I ask, trying to sound like an actual employee. I had heard this spiel about a million times from other random pizza places, I had it memorized. What can I say, I'm in college! ;-)
"Thin...crust...” The girl says, a little uneasy.

"Can I have your phone number, ma'am?" I ask, smiling now.
"Er it's...HEY STOP F*&KING WITH ME!"
"What, you don't like it?" I ask with spite in my voice.

Click.

Three seconds later...

Ring...Ring...

"Hello?"
"Yeah, put Mason on the line,” The same girl demands.
"Shut up there isn't a Mason here bitch,” I say, pretending to sound really pissed off.
"Yes there is, get her now," The girl says angrily as if I had just spoiled her day.
"F*$k off,” I say.

Silence.

"You...don't...like me?" A small voice says, just as I'm about ready to slam the receiver down.

Now I have to cover the mouthpiece because I'm laughing so hard.

"GET THE F*^K AWAY FROM ME!!!" Someone suddenly screams into the receiver.
"DON'T EVER CALL ME AGAIN, F&%KER!!!" She yells into the receiver again, trying to anger me.
"What the f*^k girl, you called me, dolt!" I say calmly.

Click.

And, one more time...about 3 seconds later. This time I'm ready. I've got an idea formed...

Ring...ring...

"DON'T EVERY F*^KING CALL ME AGAIN BITCH!!!" I yell, ready to slam down the phone in a few seconds.

"...Jillian?" A voice says, making my blood run cold.

"Oh, hi mom..." I sigh, slamming my head against my desk about 17 times.