Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Change the Channel

Oh God, this was so funny I just had to post about it.

The other day I was watching Ruben Studdard (famous singer, won American Idol) sing on Conan O'Brien. It was perfect; a re-run, if you will.

He was singing about freedom and love, and I thought his song was so beautiful. I was watching it with growing enthusiasm, and suddenly, he went into a sort of pause.

Forever.

"B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-uiiiiiiiiillllllldddddddd meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

W-w-w-w-w-w-WHAT???

I was getting more confused by the second.

Then, the picture went all fuzzy, and came back two seconds later, and he was singing the same thing!

"Build me, (Echo: Build me!) Build me! (Build me!)"

Then, his face went distorted, his eyebrows contracted, was Ruben Studdard going to have a seizure and start convulsing on the very floor of Conan O'Brien's stage set?

"B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuuu"

And it ended.

The TV was now making a LOUD buzzing sound (reminded me forcibly of the fire alarms), and with that I ran out into the hallway.

"What the HELL is that noise?" A girl a couple of doors down said, springing out of her room at a record speed. Apparently, everyone's TV that was on is now making that loud buzzing noise.

"Cool!" I say loudly, my voice echoing weirdly in the hallway.

I laughed.

Now everyone that came out of their rooms was staring at me laughing, as the sound from the TV bounced around in the hallway and into every room on the floor.

"Cool??!!” One girl shouted over the mounting and continuous annoying sound.

"Yeah," I yell to her enthustiastically, "We finally get surround sound!"