Saturday, July 10, 2004

Look Out For Stupid People

Okay, so not everyone you come across in your everyday life will be stupid, but I have had my fair share.

It all started yesterday.

It was a bright, sunny day, and we decided to go to our local Wal-Mart. My mother, Shai, and I went there to mainly look for things when we go to Denver, Colorado in a few days.

About Denver, Colorado

Oh, you wanted to know why I was going to Denver?

Well, Click Here Then. ;-)

Okay, so back to the point of this story:

We went to Wal-Mart yesterday, okay?

We were walking around Wal-Mart, and we picked up a few items, mainly snack foods and stuff like that for the airplane ride, you know?

Anyways, we go up to the counter to check out, I pile everything onto the conveyer belt, and it moves forward.

The cashier lady rings everything up, and my mom decides to use a credit card.

She swipes the card, and, naturally, a receipt prints out, asking for her drivers’ license and signature. The cashier pushes the receipt and a pen towards my mother and says:

"I just need your John Henry right there"

I blink once.

Twice.

Did she just say 'John Henry'?

About John Henry

Well, if you want to just skip the reading and believe me, so be it:

John Henry was a man who helped create railroads; a huge man who used an enormous sledgehammer to drill the railroad ties into the ground.

Either way, at this point I just stand there, staring.

Suddenly, I had a vivid imagination of my mother bringing out her sledgehammer and whacking this woman a good one on top of her head, ridding the world of her stupidity.

I savored the thought for a moment.

After we collected our bags and were out of earshot, I turn to Shai and I saw her staring at me. Suddenly we both burst out laughing; not a single word was exchanged.

"Didn't she mean John Hancock?" I gasp in between cries of laughter.